We hope everyone is staying safe, following the guidelines on social distancing to help prevent the spread of the virus, and following trusted news sources for updates!
Here at the Institute of Real Estate Education we are monitoring the latest updates, and keeping our staff safe. Some are working from home, but we are maintaining the same service hours by phone and email for our students.
There have been several updates regarding real estate licensing and continuing education that we want to keep you apprised of. Here are the current updates:
COVID-19 Updates for New Real Estate License Applicants in Utah:
- Online real estate classes are still available. If you are practicing social distancing and find yourself with extra time, take advantage of that time to learn a new skill, complete a project, or improve your knowledge. Now might be a great time to start and finish real estate licensing courses.
- PearsonVUE test centers have temporarily closed all testing locations in Utah that serve the license exam, until May 1st. You can see their full update here. That means you will not be able to take the real estate exam for licensure until after May 1st. You can sign up now for an exam time after May 1st, learn how to schedule your license exam here.
- The Division of Real Estate has suspended fingerprinting of agents. Fingerprints are required for licensure and renewal, so there will we be no new license applications until this is resumed.
- Our Live Exam Prep Class has been temporarily postponed due to social distancing requirements. The next scheduled date is May 7th, 2020, if social distancing restrictions are lifted by then.
- Candidate Education Certifying Documents that are expiring right now while the test centers are closed can be extended, but you must contact the Utah Division of Real Estate before it expires to request an extension.
COVID-19 Updates for Real Estate Agents Renewing their License in Utah:
- Many live CE classes have been cancelled. Online CE is still available, including the Utah new required Mandatory Residential Course.
- The Utah Division of Real Estate has suspended fingerprinting of agents, which is a new requirement for all agents to get fingerprinted during their 2020-2021 renewals. That means you cannot renew your license at this time. However, the Division of Real Estate has temporarily extended all licenses that renew in March and April until they can resume fingerprinting, so agents that are renewing in March and April can continue to practice real estate until further notice.
Be safe, and let us know how we can help!