Utah Education Waiver Registration and Reciprocity
Education Waiver students (licensed in another state) price varies based on hours needed. Please Call to Register.
- 24 hr Utah Law for Sales Agents $135.00
- 30 hr Utah Law for Brokers $150.00
- Additional hours $3.00 each but never exceed $150.00
- Total never exceeds $300.00
- Including all necessary materials
- Practice Exams for General Principles and Practices available for Sales Agents and Brokers for $40
NOTE: Utah requires that schools only enroll waiver students after the school has received the waiver.
After you have completed your required education, the next step is to Schedule your License Exam.
Under some conditions Utah will waive some or all of the licensing education requirement.
If you have formal education that you believe is similar to the Utah Licensing Education requirements such as real estate university courses or a law degree you should
contact the Utah Division of Real Estate to discuss an education waiver.
Note: If you are a Utah Resident but hold a license in another state you would benefit from following the directions below for non-residents who have a license. The State of Utah may waive some of your education requirements. Utah requires the student to obtain any waiver of education requirements before they register for classes.
- If you are NOT a Utah Resident and you are licensed in another state you must contact the Utah Division of Real Estate to provide a copy of your license history and request a “Waiver of Education” based on the education you have already experienced in connection with your real estate license.
Utah requires that schools not enroll non-resident agents before the student provides a copy of the “Education Waiver” issued by the State of Utah to the school to guide registration for the classes not waived. This is to protect students from registering for education that they do not need.
Contact the Division of Real Estate at:
Utah Division of Real Estate
Heber M. Wells Building
P.O. Box 146711
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6711