What do you do if you have graduated from high school and have your diploma? It is costly to go to college for four years and maybe you are tired of going to classes. What if you didn’t graduate? What can you do? Consider enrolling in a Real Estate School.
The options are few for people who only have a high school diploma. They can go to work for wages and work for someone else all their lives. They can go to trade school to learn some skills that will enable them to earn a higher salary. Or, they can go to a real estate school and get a license to work as a real estate agent selling homes and real estate, working for themselves and earning more than college graduates.
Real Estate Career
A career in real estate can provide unbelievable earning potential and benefits. Some of the advantages of being a real estate agent include:
- You can earn a real estate agent’s license in less than six months. You can take a pre-license course to become a real estate agent at a licensed real estate school who will prepare you to be an agent and pass the state real estate license examination.
- You are your own boss. Although you will start out working in a real estate agency for a real estate broker, you have control over the hours you work and what you do. It is up to you to become a successful real estate agent.
- You can build your business as fast or as soon as you want. You can convert contacts and customers into friends and show them how they can help you to build your business.
- In a few years, you could be a real estate broker and mentor new agents. You can build name recognition and build your business into a million-dollar business.
Turning a GED or High School Diploma into a Real Estate Career
If you don’t have a high school diploma, the first step is to go back and completely complete the requirements to get our GED. You are now ready to go.
The five requirements to become a real estate agent are:
- Honest and Integrity – You must be able to pass a background check and have a show a reputation for honesty and integrity. This means not having a felony conviction on your record in the past five years. You must show that you will honesty deal with the customers you will be serving.
- High School Diploma or GED – Most states, including Utah, require that someone must have a high school diploma or a GED in order to study for and take a real estate course. A real estate agent needs to deal with forms, contracts and mortgages so some education is needed to deal with complexities of a real estate agent.
- 18 Years Old – A real estate agent must be at least 18 years old. You must have the maturity to be able to deal with the issues and problems encountered in selling a customer’s home or helping a customer buy a new home. A real estate agent must be able to problem solve to help with all the questions customer will have.
- Attend a Real Estate School – You must take a pre-licensing real estate agent course at a licensed real estate school. You can do this either in a classroom setting attending classes at night or to take all the coursework in an online setting. 120 hours of course work is needed to take the examination.
- Take the State Real Estate Examination – After you have successfully completed all the coursework, you can now take the state real estate examination to qualify for a real estate license. Hopefully, you have chosen a good real estate school and they have taught you all you need to know to take the real estate examination. You can take it as many times as you need but like everyone else, you want to pass it on the first try.
The process to becoming a real estate agent can be a fun and rewarding experience. Be sure and choose a real estate school that will encourage you and help you to get fully prepared to not only pass the examination but be prepared to successfully pursue your new career.
There are limited opportunities for a someone with a GED or high school diploma to pursue a career where they can work for themselves. Becoming a real estate agent is one way to work for yourself with the potential to earn more than most college graduates. It is not difficult to pass a pre-license real estate agent course to prepare to get your license. If you feel stuck