Every year around May, hundreds of thousands of teenagers graduate from high school. You might be like most of them wondering what to do now. You may be tired of going to classes and studying all the time. Did you know that you can enroll in a real estate pre-license course right out of high school with your brand-new high school diploma?
What do I want to do in life?
Right after high school graduation is a good time to think about what you want the rest of your life to look like. What interests you and what will you enjoy doing for a career? Some of the benefits of a career in Utah real estate include.
- With a real estate career, you are your boss and can set your schedule. You alone determine how your career blossoms and how much you make.
- You are not locked into a desk or an office all the time. Much of the time is out meeting people and helping customers.
- You will meet thousands of people, make numerous friends and help clients to build a new life in their new home. You also help customers move on with their life by helping them sell one of their most valuable treasures – their home.
- The amount of money you make in your real estate career is only limited by the amount of time you put into building your real estate practice and how successful you are working with people and helping them make good real estate decisions.
A career as a real estate agent gives you full control over your future. Successful real estate agents make as much if not more than most college graduates and you have complete control over your destiny.
How do I start?
As mentioned earlier, all you need is that high school diploma to be qualified to start a career as a real estate agent or broker. The following steps are how you can get started today.
- There are many real estate schools including many that provide all the training on-line. The best online real estate schools can allow you to pass your real estate pre-license course from your home on your own computer.
- The best online real estate schools will allow you to complete the 120-hours of course work as fast as you want to go. Generally, it takes three to six months to complete the course work. However, if are willing to put in the hours and work hard, you can complete it in under three months.
- In high school, you were used to having a teacher to answer questions and help you through difficulties. The right on-line real estate school will have knowledgeable, experienced real estate professionals to act as mentors to help you digest all the information and help you succeed.
- A good real estate school will prepare you to pass your state real estate examination and get your real estate agent’s license to start your career. Look at references and reviews to find the right school for you.
It is as easy as getting on your computer and googling for the best on-line real estate schools to get going.
What not college instead?
Going to college is a costly, time consuming process that will take years to complete. At the end, you may or may not end up with a diploma that may or may not allow you make a living. Here are some of the things that should be considered before deciding to go the college route.
- It is not always easy to get into the college of your choice. You have probably already taken the ACT test. Did you get high enough scores to get into your college of choice? Do you have the grades and after school activities that will get you selected?
- It takes four-years of heavy course work to earn a bachelor’s degree from any university. It would take another two years to get a master’s degree and more than that if you go on for a doctorate.
- Is anyone guaranteeing that you will have a high paying job at the end of all the years of study? Many college graduates never can find a job in their career of choice. Most college graduates end up working for someone else and have little control over their future.
The big question is whether you want to spend all those years of your life in college and still end up in a job that is not satisfying.
Summary – Start at A Real Estate School in Utah Today!
There is much to consider. Starting a career as a real estate agent in Utah right now can lead to a rewarding life where you have control over your future and how much you make. Going to college can require many years of study before starting out on a career with no assurance that you will have a job, enjoy that job and have any control over your future. The choice is yours!