The National Association of Realtors® is the largest association for real estate agents. They provide many services such as:
- Access to property databases and multiple listing services
- Continuing education opportunities to help develop your career and meet licensing requirements
- Designations and Certifications to fill out your resume and better serve clients
- Legal advice for real estate agents
- Lobbying to protect the real estate industry
As a Real Estate Sales Agent, your broker will likely already be a member of the local board, and will help you join as well. You can find more information about the local boards and the benefits they offer:
- Salt Lake Board of Realtors
- Northern Wasatch Association of Realtors
- Utah County Association of Realtors
- Washington County Board of Realtors
Costs and Dues
Association Dues vary, but there is often an entry fee of $200-$400 and yearly dues from $600-$900.
Multiple Listing Services often have their own fees in addition to the association fee, such as $200-$300 entry fee and $30-$40 monthly fees.
Lookup your local board to find what the fees are in your area.