Interested in becoming a real estate agent? Real estate agents work long hours. You may take work home after 5 or get calls before 9, but it is rewarding—the paycheck is good, and the job is exciting. You can launch a high-flying career in real estate in just a few days. A real estate pre licensing course catapults you to greater success in this field.
How long does it take to become a real estate agent in Utah?
In Utah, you can become a real estate agent in a few weeks. The pre-licensing education requirement is 120 hours of training. If you study full time, that is about 3 weeks. You can then apply for the license within 90 days of completing the training and passing the Real Estate Sales Agent Exam.
Like other states, Utah has minimum requirements that you must meet before real estate agent licensure. Check out the below stipulations:
- You must be of legal age (18 years and older)
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED
- 120 hours of education from an approved real estate school Utah real estate pre licensing course
- Sit for and pass the Sales Agent exam
- Apply for a license within 90 days following success in the sales agent exam
Get real estate education
You don’t need a degree to become a real estate agent in Utah. You can go into this profession straight from high school. You need to obtain 120 hours of real estate agent licensure training from a certified real estate school. The training revolves around the principles of real estate and state and federal laws. The Utah government states that candidates must apply for the license within one year of completing pre-licensing education.
Pass the real estate agent exam
It would be wise to sit for the sales agent exam immediately after the training. In a Utah Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course Online, candidates get coursework training and comprehensive preparation for the state’s real estate agent exam. After you take and pass the real estate agent exam, you will have 90 days to submit your licensing application.
Submit an online application soon after you take and pass the agent exam. Below is the real estate application checklist for Utah:
- Fill in and sign the application form issued at the exam center.
- Sign the school certificates issued by real estate school Utah or the education waver
- Fill the Qualifying Questionnaire issued at the testing center and provide supporting documentation to your answers.
- Submit a certification of legal presence.
- Fill and sign the consent to background check form (issued at the testing center)
- Pay the required fees.
It takes 4 to 6 weeks to obtain the license after application.
Key things to note about becoming a real estate agent in Utah
- You cannot take the state real estate agent exam without coursework training.
- Online courses have become so popular that most schools have canceled live classes.
- A real estate school in Utah can be approved to offer both live and online real estate pre-licensing education.
- With online classes, you can take the coursework at your own pace.
- As of 2020, background checks are a part of the licensure—your record must be clean for the past five years.
- If you have a real estate license from another state, all you need to do is fill out the reciprocity form offered by the Utah government.
Real estate agents have an exciting career, and if you are driven by ambition and self-discipline, you can reach unprecedented heights of success in this field. Your agent career path starts with a Utah real estate pre licensing course from the Institute of Real Estate Education.