Tax Tips For New Real Estate Agents


Dan Naylor Many new agents have been regular salaried employees for most of their careers, and they know that taxes are different for independent contractors, or the self-employed, but they don’t know what the differences are. As a real estate broker and instructor, let me share some of my experience with you, but remember that if you want tax advice, you should consult a tax professional. I share my thoughts for informational purposes only. The primary difference is that when you are self-employed, you act as a business. Any expenses that you incur must be reported on a Schedule C. First [...]